Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am the captain of my soul.

This morning, I was intrigued while watching The Today Show, when they interviewed Ashley Judd. If there was ever a dysfunctional family, hers was it. In her memoir, she talks about her own CSA. Ashley is living proof that a person can go through CSA and emotionally heal well enough to tell about it and overcome it.

I'm sorry... I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think that many CSA victims choose to remain *trapped* in a life of self-pity because of their past. It doesn't need to be that way. Most of us have things from our past that we wish never happened. What are we going to do about it? Sit and cry for years on end and allow it to continue ruining our present and future OR... deal with it, put it in the past and move on to a better life? I vote to move on. Let's quit giving so much power to our past. Let's quit allowing our past to destroy our marriage and our marriage bed.

I am the captain of my soul.

4 comments:

new subbie said...

Hi Gemma! I just discovered your blog and have read a number of posts, thought I have a LOT more to get to. I wonder if you might consider looking at my blog and even giving me feedback if you would. My husband and I just made the decision to begin a D/s lifestyle and I have decided to blog about it. There are not many blogs about passionate marriages or D/s written by other believers and I'd love to hear from someone like you. Here is the site address if you're willing:

http://mydsmarriagejourney.blogspot.com/

Thank you!

Gemma said...

Hey new subbie,

My schedule right now is extremely busy since I began working on my book. If there is any specific way that I can help you, I'd be glad to help. If you have questions, feel free to shoot them my way. I'll reply asap.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

new subbie said...

Thank you so much, Gemma. To be honest, I think I just need a friend. :( It's very hard being so anonymous in all of this. I come from a very conservative background and if any of my friends and family knew any of this... well, I shudder to think about it. And I know that's sad because truly I believe it is the way God intended. Someday I may have the courage or feel led to be more open, but for now I hope to make a few like-minded cyber friends. Thanks for listening!

Mark 9:24 said...

new subbie,

You might find the following website interesting:
http://www.takeninhand.com/

Mark