Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Update

Good day to you, my readers!

Just a quick note on my book project.

I was told that 80,000 words is the minimum that publishers accept for a small book. I'm currently at 11,000 words, so if I’m doing the math right, I am about an eighth of the way done. Long road ahead of me, but I'm plugging along, meeting my writing goals each week.

And did I mention my great writing group? I feel so blessed and honored to be a part of such a wonderful bunch of writers. They all get 2 thumbs up from me.

Writing my story has been bitter-sweet. It has brought out strong, happy emotions in me and also strong, sad ones. But the more I move along on the project, the more I am convinced that writing my story is something I must do.

It saddens me that I haven’t had time to post here, although, I do check comments and emails most days. Will try to post updates periodically.

Regards,
Gemma

4 comments:

Mark 9:24 said...

IMHO, yes you do.

Hence your passion on TMB for Passionate Marriages and what you have written here on your blog.

Your book is a natural progression and will be an inspiration to those who have gone through what you have and that yes, there is an other side.

That Passion can re-enter a dead marriage.

Mark

Legolas said...

Absolutely...what he said!!! :) I believe that there are just boat-loads of people who are where you were...the big trouble is getting them to see that there is something better...nothing wrong...and nothing hypocritical with believing that "Good girls don't, but Good Wives DO!" The biggest problem is getting them to at least turn a little bit of the corner and at least open up enough to read something. I was reading a post on TMB about having all the books in the world, but none of them doing any good when the LD won't acknowledge a problem, doesn't want to change, and won't seek help. Only prayer and God can crack that nut. No puns intended...well, ok, maybe some of them...:)

Mark 9:24 said...

"Good girls don't, but Good Wives DO!"

That would be a great sig line for someone!

Ron said...

Gemma,

I know you are busy working on your book. Bravo! While you work away at your new craft, know that I'm praying for you, GR and the kids!

Job29man