Most of us would say that we love our spouse but do we like being with them? In the clip I posted below, Dr. Berman offered these 5 simple ideas which any couple can put into practice to either improve a troubled relationship or to maintain a relationship that is already based on a firm foundation.
1) Give 5 genuine expressions of appreciation each day.
2) Enjoy at least one 10-second kiss every day.
3) Talk about your relationship for at least 15 minutes a day.
4) Arrange a weekly date night and sex date.
5) Take a vacation alone (ie, without kids) at least once a year.
Sometimes it is the little things that make it pleasurable to be around our spouse and cause a husband and wife to bend over backwards to please each other. Can we say that we like our spouse? Do we enjoy being with them? If a person loves their spouse (ie, out of duty) but does not like them, why would they care about tending to their needs? Your thoughts?