Monday, March 8, 2010

Another update on GR

GR was discharged this afternoon and is now home. He is doing very well since surgery, experiencing little to no pain or discomfort. Today he went back to eating real food again.

Funny note— GR is not a natural runner but 19yo pushed him in recent years to run two 5-K races with her. Consequently, he has a couple of t-shirts from participating in the races and he wore one of them while in the hospital. One nurse commented on his shirt, asking if he was a runner. Both our girls laughed and said, “NOT!!!” After that every time one of the nurses saw him walking the hospital halls they commented, “He sure is walking a lot but then, he is a runner.” The girls just thought that was so funny that all the nurses kept saying that about him.

Now we wait until next Monday or Tuesday for all the test results from his surgery. I still do not know if I will have surgery March 15 or later in April.

2 comments:

Mark 9:24 said...

Great news! Thanks for the update!

Hiswildcherry47 said...

LOL material, Gemma and wonderful news about your darling man.
Now, I strongly suspect that those running comments could be a prophetic utterance about GR's future athletic pursuits.
I adore my buff sweetheart. His tight buns are enough to make my heart and elsewhere melt! I wish you the same joy ;-)