Friday, February 27, 2009

As it should be!

Judging from the number of comments following my last blog entry (ie, nobody commented), I take it that none of you were too happy to read about my sexual frequency dilemma, temporary as it was. That is OK. I will not take it personally. Just know that I write them like I see them ;-).

Well, a little over four weeks post-op we have finally gotten past the frequency bump in the road and I have to say-- THANK GOD!!!!!! When you put two high-SD spouses in a situation where frequency becomes less than usual, it cannot help but negatively affect the general atmosphere of the relationship. Both of us knew it could not be helped yet both of us were not happy about having less sex. Now we are back in the groove, enjoying sex mornings and nights. It is as it should be. All is well with the world.

11 comments:

Who am I said...

Great, so happy for you. BTW- I do appreciate you sharing about your sexual bumps in the road, whether they are ones you got yourself into because of relationship issues, or ones that happened like this just because of life.

By watching your honest ups and downs, it helps me to avoid creating unrealistic expectations for our own marriage,and helps me appreciate the progress we are making.

Gemma said...

We do have to keep realistic expectations.... always seeing how we can improve but doing it in a realistic way.

Mark 9:24 said...

Gemma,

Sorry to read about the problems you were having and happy to see that they are past.

I've just been catching up on yours and other blogs and TMB today.
I am way behind on posts!

Mark 9:24

Bev said...

I really apreciate when you share your bumps as well. I just don't know how to comment. Thank you for sharing.

Gemma said...

Problems happen. Life happens. The important thing is to get back in the saddle. I don't like to let life's happenings keep me down or keep my dh and me down ;-).

Odo said...

Oops, didn't comment as I hadn't seen it. Been a busy month with classes (work related) out of town (twice a week all month) causing me to "burn my end at both candles", to coin a phrase. Or mutilate one...

As I've said, our frequency is unfortunately also physically related, though due to the curse of aging. IT SUCKS. My recharge time is lengthy, even with "pharmaceutical augmentation" as I call it. Ah, to be young, again, with raging hormones and a hair trigger...back then we were like rabbits in heat! Fun, but we didn't know diddly-squat! But we do practice "creative snuggling" now, whenever possible. Sorry to learn of your "bumps" in the road; good that they are passing. Total healing will come...

Odo

scotty said...

I didn't see your last post either... glad to see you're back to your normal! What a blessing to share in desire and passion with your spouse.

Mizer said...

Glad that you are getting back up to full speed. I had a couple of surgeries a few years back and re-member the recovery time back to regular uninhibited sex seemed to take forever.

Gemma said...

Thank you, guys. I appreciate all the sweet comments.

Mr. Self Respect said...

You have been in my prayers since your surgery, Gemma. I do hope for your continued recovery.

Gemma said...

Thank you, Mr. SR