Friday, January 30, 2009

Home from the hospital- new challenges

Got home yesterday, late afternoon. Feeling like I have been run over by a mac truck otherwise, I hope to recuperate as rapidly as possible. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. Please continue to pray for my speedy recovery. I am required to drink 4 protein supplements per day and it feels like so much that it is like force-feeding me. By the time I finish the first one, it is time to start on the second. I will need much help from God to do what I need to do post-op. At the hospital, GR was my primary caregiver when the nurses were not in the room. He has been wonderful but he has to go back to work on Tues so I want to be able to manage by then.

I covet your prayers. Thanks again to you all.

5 comments:

Who am I said...

Dear Gemma,

Glad to see you are home. I pray for a speedy recovery for you.

BTW- I had lymph node surgery years ago, and I remember saying the same thing about feeling like I was run over by a Mac truck.

No sex from the chandelier for awhile.

scotty said...

Praying for you! We miss you!

Sarah said...

Gemma,

So happy you're home and with the family again.

Can you find someone to stay with you during the day while GR is out? When I came home from the hospital last year my beloved stayed with me the first week, and had a friend of ours, a semi-retired nurse, stay with me the following week to make sure that I didn't try to pick things up, lift things, or overdo. Maybe you can do the same? Blessings during your recovery!

LIT56RD said...

Welcome home gemma. Glad you are out of the hospital and on the road to recovery. Praying for a speedy recovery, the end of the protein supplements and a rapid return to the marriage bed.

God Bless you.

Tulipsanticipation said...

Praying for a smooth recovery!