Thursday, November 20, 2008

What causes new surges of sexual energy in guys?

Say you are an over 40yo guy who preferred to have sex in middle of the night or morning rather than at bedtime because... well... because those are usually your body's best times to have sex. What would cause a surge in your energy level where all of a sudden you would be able to enjoy bedtime sex as well?

I only ask because this is what we are seeing in our marriage bed. GR, who is in his late 50's, would sometimes be too tired at bedtime for sex so he would sleep 3-4 hours and then wake me up for sex, which was fine for me. More and more he has been enjoying sex even at bedtime. The other day I briefly asked about it and he said that he knows I sleep better after sex. (My man can sleep anytime when he is tired.)

As you can see, I am a curious soul. I always want to know the reasons why things work the way they do.

3 comments:

job29man said...

Surge in sexual energy? Mmmmm I dunno for sure. My sexual energy waxes and wanes often according to my level of consistent rest, good nutrition, level of stress...

But this seldom affects what time of day or night I'm interested. In order of preference for me (most to least)...

1. daytime
2. early morning
3. arriving home at dinner time
4. bedtime
5. waking up after a few hrs sleep (my least favorite)

This almost never changes.

scotty said...

I have no idea why sometimes they seem to have energy beyond belief and at other times - nuthin', nada, zilch!
This summer dh was on a long business trip to the Far East. I was sooo desperate for him when he got back but I figured that first night (after 30hours of travel) he'd be too pooped to whoop. But to my surprise he was more than ready. And we went at it several times that night. We just couldn't get enough. I have no idea how he managed it, and it lasted several days. By the end of the week he got sick though - I think it was just too much for him ;-)

Gemma said...

Well, typically GR's sexual energy is not affected by time of day. I guess that's why this seems so odd to me but of course, I'm not complaining. It's not a problem. I'm just a curious person regarding these things.

Scotty, jet lack but give your dh a sexual surge, lol. Now you know for next time!