Friday, August 29, 2008

Does your soul wait silently?

[ WARNING: This article does not directly address marital sex but I thought it would be appropriate for today.]

Please forgive me folks. I wanted to write an article to post this morning but yesterday was physically challenging for me in regard to pain and discomfort. Right now, my brain is still waking up from a much needed long night of sleep/sex; it was refreshing.

Anyhow, I took the liberty of posting a link to another article instead. One of my favorite writers, Fr. Thomas Hopko, wrote a 4-vol series that is well known in Christian Orthodox circles. Often, my readers will email me and share about difficulties/sufferings going on in their lives and I do pray for each and every one. So I thought I would post this link to Fr. Hopko's short article entitled "Suffering". GR and I have this 4-vol series in our home but occasionally when I'm at the computer I'll read his articles straight from the OCA site.

Moving on....

I am an amateurish singer, guitar player and song writer. IRL I am kind of shy about this talent and don't easily share that with folks so I'm putting myself out on a limb here by telling you all this. There was a time in my Protestant Church days where I used to lead worship. Many years ago when I was going through a dark period of my life, I began writing songs. Here is a copy of two of the first short songs I wrote and often sang when I was at a place where I could see no light. These songs are really straight from scripture:

Ps. 143: 6&8
I spread out my hands to you;
My soul longs for you like a thirsty land.//

Cause me to hear your loving kindness
In the morning;
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way
In which I should walk;
For I lift up my soul to You.

Ps. 62: 5
My soul wait silently
For God alone;
For my expectation
Is from Him.

And I leave you with a short word from Isaiah:
Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. (Isaiah 40:1)

4 comments:

delightinmyhubby from TMB said...

Thanks for sharing the comforting song.It's been a rough week, not just talking about the bedroom. Praying for your physical comfort as you await surgery. Delightinmyhubby

Gemma said...

DIMH,Here's to your next week being a whole lot better! Thanks for your prayers.

Sensuous Wife said...

That is so beautiful. What a beautiful post.
Thank you, Gemma!
-Shula

Gemma said...

You are welcome, Shula. May God fill your life with peace and comfort.