Monday, July 14, 2008

Come join the party-- a pity party!

No matter how careful we are scheduling sex, it can be challenging even when both spouses really, REALLY want to do each other. Ask me how I know!!! This past week, GR and I struggled some with the schedule. And you guys think he and I are always on top of these scheduling issues!!! I'm not superwoman, you know! ;-). A couple of hitches this week threw us off. We were able to enjoy sex but throughout the hitches, things just seemed so rushed.

Keep in mind neither of our dd's have cars or even drive yet.... for various reasons which I won't go into at this time. Dd#2 began her summer class at community college. They meet Tu/Th evenings and either GR or I pick her up afterwards around 8:45-9pm. By the time we got home to settle in on those nights we were going to bed at 10pm. "Not so bad", you say.

But wait----

Dd#1 worked an extra shift this week on her summer job which meant that on W, Th, F and Sa nights, we had to bring her to work at 10:30-10:45pm and pick her up at 7:30am when her shifts ended. Do the math, folks-- That's 4 nights out of 7... over half our week. This tends to stress us when GR and I try to sleep or make love early, then get up to do the run and then go back to bed. My body becomes confused about whether I should be awake or asleep, leaving me feeling less than rested by morning. Unfortunately, 3 nights a week of this will continue until this dd begins her fall semester at college. Then her shifts go down to twice a week while in school, which is managable for us. For now, we'll just have to suck it up.

Is it that obvious to see how much I hate running out at night when we have early mornings next day?

This weekend another hitch reared its ugly head----

Early Sun morning, GR had to accompany one of his trainee's from work to do an intense, time-consuming job. Of course, he had to rest/sleep before going but at least we were able to get in a little time for sex. The two guys left around 1am Sun morning. They worked all night, all day yesterday and he didn't arrive back home until 6pm yesterday evening.... totally wiped out. He'll tell me, "I used to be able to work all night long when necessary." I smile and remind him, "You know, when we were in our 20's, staying out late wasn't such a biggie but now...."

Then today, he had to leave at 6:30am this morning for work. No sex last night; none this morning, leaving us both bummed out but he needed his sleep. It is a sad day for us! Whine, whine, whine. Perhaps GR and I are just spoiled.

Now for the good news---

Supper is in the crockpot as I speak and it is enough for at least 2 meals. Nobody has school or work tonight. Only thing that could mess us up would be GR's phone ringing for work as he is on call. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can enjoy a pleasant evening IN BED!

6 comments:

midwestman said...

I will keep my fingers crossed that the stars align for you and GR this evening - and if I feel a slight tremor here, 50 miles from you, I'll know that you guys are rockin the house there :)

mwm

Gemma said...

Thank you, mwm. And thanks for joining my pity party :-).

Who am I said...

If it makes you feel better, I understand that feeling of being over 50 and not having quite the energy I did when younger.

One time when I was younger I ran the tractor for over 24 hours with just a short snooze. Half remember it being fun.

I can remember when my wife and I were dating we would talk and make out until 1 or 2 in the morning, and then work the next day.

Just don't have as much zip as I used to. Oh well, such is life.

I appreciate you sharing that even though the desire is there for daily sex, it just doesn't always work out.

Gemma said...

who am i,

Yes, it does make me feel better to know that others near our age struggle with late night hours the way GR and I do.

wai said:
"I appreciate you sharing that even though the desire is there for daily sex, it just doesn't always work out."

Usually it does but, no, it doesn't always, I can assure you ;-). Thanks.

Sensuous Wife said...

Oh I hope it works out for you! (and in. and out.)

Y'all have funnnn!
;)SW

Gemma said...

It did work out, SW, it did... and we did have fun.