Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May the force be with you!

Gees, "the force" has been against GR and me this week.

As stated in my last article, we were away from home for four days with a family funeral. During that time, a huge event in the general area made hotel rooms in about 5-6 surrounding towns just about nonexistent for Fri night, which was our last night there. As I was making calls for hotel reservations I jokingly told GR, "For Wed and Thurs, we can get one stinking room in a couple of the hotels but come Fri night, we're on our own for a spot under a bridge." We finally did manage to hold a room for all three nights. One room, two side by side beds.

What a place! Gas station out front with the hotel office in a convenient store. Oh and *continental breakfast* [blech] also in the store. Hey, desperate folks do desperate things.

There we were, stuck for three nights of "no sex"... none... nada. It was not going to happen anywhere on the hotel premises without an audience. The only privacy GR and I were allowed was in waking at 6am for a walk to the convenient store... I mean the breakfast bar... for coffee while the girls were still semi-asleep beside us. Remaining in bed beyond 6am was just too painful with no love making in sight.

And before you say it, even the parking lot and the bedside bathroom were not options so when I say "no sex" that's what I mean. Stepping outside our hotel room meant stepping into a "courtyard" of sorts, facing all the other hotel room doors, 3 buildings worth, and all the cars. Out back? Nope, several rental cabins were there with people inside them. Beyond the other two sides of the hotel? Negative! Appropriately, there was a trailer park. The fourth side-- the highway; that was tempting.

We only managed a few times of finding reasons to pull each other into the bathroom for brief moments of making out while the girls were in the living area of the hotel room... so it had to be brief. Our bodies literally ached for each other during the trip.

The hotel owner, a sweet lady, came and chatted with GR and me one morning over coffee. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we were NOT enjoying our stay at her lovely hotel. It would have crushed her... so I lied.

OK, we can get through four days; we are mature adults. We can handle this. After we arrive back home GR and I were finally able to reunite on Sun and Mon. How do you do six days worth of sex in two days? And then Tues morning....

Off he went for a scheduled, four day business trip. OK, haha, I got the joke. Now I'm ready to get my dh back. I lasted until last night when I gave in to MB; I needed it. Let's see-- Today is Wed. I have until Fri night to reunite with GR again. It's going to be a rough three days. [Having a Gemma pity party, here.]

Can you store up passion and enjoy it all at once?
Or is passion only time-released?

May the force be with you!

11 comments:

Who am I said...

Being together and not being able to fuck is about worse than being apart. We had a trip a while back after we had been apart for a while, that was interspersed with nights in the hotel with our daughter.

Fortunately, a couple of nights in private homes were interspersed during the trip, so we were able to have our passion time.

Hope you and GR have an awesome time when he gets back.

Gemma said...

:::Being together and not being able to fuck is about worse than being apart.

I'm beginning to think that is true, wai. There were a few times in our hotel bed where GR and I could have easily begun fucking but with our girls right beside us and the volume of sounds it would have produced, even heavier breathing, we dared not give in to it. Instead, we suffered in silence.

Gemma, with hand held to forehead.(How's that for drama? lol)

About the most excitement we had there were the few times that we pulled each other into the bathroom for one excuse or another and made out for a minute or two.

Who am I said...

so why didn't you make love in the bathroom and just keep your voices silent, or even run the shower while you did?

Gemma said...

We didn't because both our girls are over 17yo. They would not only have known what we were doing in there but they would have also very likely had a need to use the bathroom while we were "hogging" it. If you have small dc you can easily get away with that in a hotel room... sit them in front of the tv and they'd never miss you... but not with grown kids. At least we don't think so.

I'd be interested to know from others who've only had grown kids in a hotel room with them and one bathroom--- How would you have handled this?

Who am I said...

We waited until another night. I have wondered at what age you politely ask them to leave for awhile because you want to make love with your mate, or have some alone time with your mate,or whatever.

I am not that open with my kids yet though.

Gemma said...

We are very open with our kids but in a situation like we had at this hotel, there is no way I would make my kids go wander around the parking lot so their dad and I could have sex. That's just not right at all.

It is totally different if your kids have a place to go; ours didn't.

Who am I said...

Sure makes sense to me.

Gemma said...

I thought it would :-). There ARE times when sex has to wait. We experienced one of them on our trip.

midwestman said...

Gemma said: I'd be interested to know from others who've only had grown kids in a hotel room with them and one bathroom--- How would you have handled this?

We would have showered together and most likely done manual on each other. The kids know we "do it" and we also occasionally take showers together, so we would have just managed that. We've tried sex in the shower but never been able to find a way to make it work in a standard size tub...

mwm

Gemma said...

mwm said: We would have showered together and most likely done manual on each other. The kids know we "do it" and we also occasionally take showers together, so we would have just managed that. We've tried sex in the shower but never been able to find a way to make it work in a standard size tub...

We still had the issue of what to do if kids needed to use the bathroom while we were in there a while, playing ;-). One dd esp, goes to the bathroom all the time.

Then there was the thing with the shower stall being an old, 1-person shower stall. The stall and the bathroom was the tiniest I've ever seen. You might be able to squeeze 2 people in the stall as long as they don't need to move at all. Otherwise, one person in it only had room to turn around.

job29man said...

Gemma,

My DW makes a business trip once a month. I really miss her. You asked "how do you squeeze 6 days of sex into 2 days?"

My answer is simple ... You do lots and lots and lots of sex in those two days. Well it's "lots" for us, maybe not for you and GR (smile!). No kidding, when she comes back I'll make some crack like you realize that we've fallen behind on our sex quota (joking)? We'll just have to do it 4 times a day until we catch up won't we?"

Seriously, it came as a new realization to me that as I age I actually do "save up" a large store of horniness when she is gone, that is not erased by just one or two rolls in the hay. It may be 8 times in 2 days before I feel "sated" again.

You also said "I finally gave in to MB" (while GR was gone on his trip). This is something that DW and I deliberately address before and after a trip, saying "If it gets too bad for you I want you to feel free to MB, only I would prefer if you can call me on the phone and do it then." We'd at least like to be there on the phone with each other.

If that doesn't work out, then when we reunite we will describe to each other when, where, and how we MB'ed in the other's absence. Maybe that sounds strange, but it acknowledges that we each have authority over the other's body (1 Cor 7:4) and that we desperately needed each other. And just the telling of the tale gets us horny for each other all over again and usually leads to a hot sex session! :-)