Monday, April 28, 2008

Is the word "quiet" a synonym for "slow"?

This past week has been a busy one for me. Yesterday morning, we finally got to sleep late (read: leisurely morning sex). My family-- GR, the girls and I, enjoyed a late lunch of BBQ baby back ribs (some Easters we do lamb), grilled corn on the cob, Greek salad, beer bread and angel food cake with fresh strawberries. Dd's 1 and 2 have both been studying for finals so GR and I prepared all the food except the beer bread, which was made by dd#1. I love fixing food while drinking good wine so that's what GR and I did. Of this year's spring season, this was our first meal enjoyed on the screen porch.

Then, last night as GR and I headed off to bed we saw that dd#1 was still up studying. The moment I hit the bed it was obvious that GR wanted to ML but I whispered to him, "We have to have quiet sex tonight or dd#1 will hear everything."

We did good and I was proud of how quiet GR was throughout the session. He has this little quirk about him. And if you tell him I said this, I'll deny it and call you a liar (jk). He possesses little sense of volume and no sense of rhythm. It is a funny thing--- If I say "quietly" he thrusts s-l-o-w-l-y, lol. I don't quite get the connection between the two words but anyway...

Last night we enjoyed a whispered exchange of erotic comments back and forth while shhhhhhh... quietly and s-l-o-w-l-y doing each other. We haven't French-kissed lately but last night GR kept gently grabbing my face and French kissing with me. There's something sexy about a man grabbing his dw's face in the midst of passion! It sends tingles through my body. Maybe the Fr kissing was part of the being quiet thing, dunno :shrug:.

I purposely don't like to Fr kiss every time we ML because I like to keep it special. That way when we do, it is oh. so. very. hot. Honestly, Fr kissing makes me feel like a teenager in heat. The longer we go at it, the more I want to keep it up and that's pretty amazing for this 50-something yo wife.

We finished everything off before finally drifting off to a sound, satisfying sleep.

How do you enjoy quiet or slow sex? Do you have something that is unique about your method?

8 comments:

Sensuous Wife said...

How do you enjoy quiet or slow sex? Do you have something that is unique about your method?

Hmmm.....
Generally speaking, I do not like to be quiet during sex. And yes, I think quiet does usually equal slow. Fast galloping sex leads to sounds and grunts and squeals and moans. So usually the only way to keep it quiet is to keep it slow. With one exception. If we're in a semiprivate location and we want to get the deed done, done now, and done quietly, then we skip my O till later and go at it very quickly and quietly. I'm thinking of a camping trip we took with 5 other couples and how we said we were tired and went back to our room of a 3 room tent and rode to glory on the air mattress. Our friends were all sitting round the campfire 30 feet away from our tent, so the only barrier was 30 feet of airspace a thin wall of nylon tent fabric. We needed to get 'er done! quickly and quietly so we skipped my O and I just enjoyed the pleasure and closeness.

I don't believe I can build up to O while constantly thinking about being quiet. The constant feeling of holding back ruins the momentum for me.

We've enjoyed several quiet quickies with an O for DH. When we got back to the RV or hotel room or our house, I enjoyed an orgasmic rematch when I could let my hair down and not worry about making sounds.

Gemma said...

I know just what you mean, SW. Generally, I do not enjoy quiet sex. But you have to admit, once in a while it can be quite the erotic experience. So you ARE of the "quiet = slow" school of thought. I guess I've never viewed it that way until now.

Cocotte said...

Though it doesn't have to be, quiet sex does tend to be slower indeed. And I agree with SW, it is not as enjoyable for me. Holding back is just not part of my general sense of self.

I don't know if this is an option for you Gemma, but there have been a few times when I REALLY wanted to do some activities that involved getting very loud. DH and I went out to the garage, moved some seats in the van and got busy while the kids were in their bedrooms. I'm fairly certain nothing could be heard.

Gemma said...

In general, I agree with both of you on this one, Cocotte, but once in a while quiet sex can be pretty darn hot. The garage thing is not an option for us at this time. I'm putting on my thinking cap to try and come up with a good plan that will serve us when the kiddos are too close to where we're trying to enjoy louder sex.

Who am I said...

I had never really thought about this, but I guess often quiet sex is slow sex. It does sound fun though sometime when we need to be quiet because of others within earshot to intentionally fuck fast and furiously. I bet that would be a blast. The mental concentration it would take to keep quiet would probably heighten the eroticism.

Gemma said...

Who am i stated: The mental concentration it would take to keep quiet would probably heighten the eroticism.

Yes, indeed, WAI. It was quite the erotic experience.

Anonymous said...

We visited our friends in a nearby city where we planned to stay overnight. As we arrived we discovered they had just sold the spare bed so we slept on the mattress on the floor(no squeeky springs) but we had to be quiet as the walls seemed almost cardboard thin. We fucked for well over an hour: quietly we paced ourselves with little unbridled thrusting in and out. Just slow, pleasurable, delightful fucking. I think when it comes to fucking that is still our all-time record. We were ecstatic the squeeky bed was gone or we would never have dared fuck at all let alone screw ourselves bug-eyed for over an hour. We still chuckle whenever we visit these friends. Needless we said nothing as DW is very reserved and discreet. I am not as discreet and would have thanked our friends for selling the bed so we could fuck for over an hour.

Gemma said...

Anon, just like other varying other aspects of sex, occasionally changing up the thrust speed does add to the enjoyment.