Monday, February 25, 2008

"Emotional Disconnect", meet "Eroticism" and the two of you had better get along.

Recently GR and I had a larger-than-usual, emotional disconnect. Darn--- It did have a negative impact on our sex for a few days leaving us in a slightly horny state. To enjoy sex again I had to break through my emotional barrier, although we're still working on the disconnect. Before my awakening this would have been a good excuse for me to sexually shut down but this time, it was so liberating to push past the disconnect and enjoy sex in spite of things.

Intimacy--- The spiritual, emotional and physical are so entwined that when one of them disconnects, leaving a lack, we have to push through in the other areas before they all end up lacking. I'm sorry, sex is way too hot to ignore even when the emotions are raw. I've found that when I "just do it (the sex)" during those times, we can experience an eroticism that takes us over the top.

Does sex help us with our emotions? Does it help us see our relationship more clearly? For me, I think it does and I know it does for GR. Why are we often tempted to shut off the sex faucet when the emotions are raw? I mean if it helped to turn our backs on sex I'd understand but it doesn't. If we slow down or stop sex, the emotional disconnect becomes huge.

I truly wonder what it is that quickly helps most dh's reconnect emotionally with their dw's so that the sex doesn't have to become disabled? How do dh's go through the progression of thoughts when this happens? Even during a temporary emotional disconnect, in what ways do dh's keep eroticism in the marriage when the disconnect rears its ugly head?

Often, I think of these things as being people where I want to introduce them by saying, "Emotional Disconnect", meet "Eroticism". Would the two of you please get along so I can still enjoy sex?"

Gemma, GR's whore

No comments: